ChORUS Summer Reading List
Those long, lazy days of summer are the perfect time for relaxing and reading. ChORUS has put together our recommended Summer Reading List.
If you work as a Medical Professional, Law Enforcement Personnel, State Licensing Agency, are a Family Member/Caregiver, or Older Road User- grab one of our guides and articles. These are easily printable and can be taken to a pool, porch, or the beach for some easy educational reading! We know that Older Driver Safety is important to everyone.
- Handouts you can use to provide information to your older patients about safe driving resources
- Medical Professionals- https://www.roadsafeseniors.org/guides/primary-care-providers-guide
- What Is Your Role In Talking About Older Road User Safety Blog- https://www.roadsafeseniors.org/blog/what-your-role-talking-about-older-road-user-safety
- Dementia and Driving Article- https://www.alz.org/help-support/caregiving/safety/dementia-driving
- Clinician's Guide to Assessing and Counseling Older Drivers, 4th Edition- https://geriatricscareonline.org/ProductAbstract/clinicians-guide-to-assessing-and-counseling-older-drivers-4th-edition/B047#
- Family Caregivers Guide- https://www.roadsafeseniors.org/guides/familycaregivers-guide
- Starting the Conversation- Your Loved Ones Driving Blog- https://www.roadsafeseniors.org/starting-conversation%E2%80%94your-loved-ones-driving.
- Gap Exists Between Seniors’ Opinion of Driving Ability and Performance Article- https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2012/05/120529144344.htm
Law Enforcement Personnel
- Law Enforcement Guide- https://www.roadsafeseniors.org/guides/law-enforcement-guide
- Recognizing when to make a referral with your customizable visor guide-
- Development of a curriculum and roadside screening tool for Law enforcement identification of medical impairment in aging drivers article- https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4858548/
Older Road Users
- Older Road Users Guide- https://www.roadsafeseniors.org/guides/older-road-users-guide
- How to Use Rideshare Apps Blog- https://www.roadsafeseniors.org/how-use-rideshare-apps
- Some Medications and Driving Don’t Mix Article- https://www.fda.gov/consumers/consumer-updates/some-medicines-and-driving-dont-mix.
State Driver Licensing Agencies
- Knowing the signs to help you recognize when someone might benefit from a referral
- State Licensing Agency Guide - https://www.roadsafeseniors.org/guides/state-driver-licensing-agency-guide
- Read about CarFit and how you can recommend this resource- https://www.car-fit.org/
- My State Info Resources- https://www.roadsafeseniors.org/my-state-info
If you finish our summertime recommended reads, visit our ChORUS library which has hundreds of articles, blogs, videos, trainings, and guides: https://www.roadsafeseniors.org/library-search