ATTENTION: PLEASE READ THESE TERMS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS WEBSITE. YOUR USE OF THIS WEBSITE WILL INDICATE THAT YOU ACCEPT THESE TERMS.
You may view contents from ChORUS subject to the following conditions: (a) the content may be used solely for information purposes of a non-commercial nature; (b) the content may not be modified or altered in any way; and (c) you agree to retain all copyright and other proprietary notices contained in the original materials on any copies of the materials. You may not reproduce, republish, or publicly display, perform or distribute, or otherwise use the materials or content of this Website for any commercial purpose or prepare any modification or prepare derivative works based on the contents from the Website.
This site was produced and is maintained by RSF in partnership with the U.S. Department of Transportation, Syneren Technologies, and Bonzzu, Inc. The appearance of links on this site does not constitute endorsement of the sites, or the information, products, or services contained in these sites by RSF or its partners. The above parties do not exercise any editorial control over information found at these locations; the sole exceptions are cases in which ChORUS links to one of its partners' own websites or resources, such as the Roadway Safety Foundation's homepage, www.roadwaysafety.org. You agree that RSF does not make any representations about such Websites or their information, software, products, services or materials, and is not responsible for any content, associated links, resources, or services associated with a third party Website. You further agree that if you should access any of the third party websites linked to this Website, you do so at your own risk, and RSF shall not be liable for any loss or damage of any sort associated with your use of third party content. Links and access to these Websites are provided for your convenience only.
The listing of products and services on this web site should not be interpreted as an endorsement by the parties involved.
Logos and names used herein may be trademarks and should not be copied without permission of the owner.
If you are aware of a copyright infringement on this web site, notify RSF. Rights of a ChORUS user may be terminated if the user repeatedly infringes upon the rights of copyright owners.
Organization: Roadway Safety Foundation
Shorthand Name: RSF
Address: 1920 L ST. NW #525 Washington, DC 20036
Contact Name: Bruce Hamilton
Contact Phone: 202-857-1228
Contact Email: email@example.com
When submitting content or information, you represent and warrant that the information or content is accurate; you own or have permission to use and submit the information or content and that use of the content will not violate the rights of any third party or cause injury to any person or entity. You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless RSF, and its parent company, subsidiaries, officers, directors, employees, agents, successors and assigns against all claims, expenses, liabilities, losses, costs, and damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, that the Indemnitees may resulting from content or information you supply.
Any personal information that you disclose on the Forum will be available for the general public to read – it is strongly recommended that you do not post personal details or sensitive personal data on the Forum.
The following definitions shall apply to these Forum Terms:
"Cookies" means small text files websites can use to recognize repeat users and facilitate users' ongoing access to and preferences within a website;
"Denial of Service Attack" means any attempt by any means to make the Forum unavailable to users;
"Flame War" means to turn a discussion into a heated and vigorous exchange of personal attacks or crude name-calling; and
"Trolling" means to deliberately post false or controversial messages solely to annoy or offend or gain attention.
RSF and its partners do not vet and are not responsible for any of the information which is posted on the Forum. RSF and its partners are not the author or publisher of any such information. Any opinions expressed are the opinions of the users of the Forum, and do not represent any advice or opinions of RSF and its partners. Any recommendation or other information within the Forum is followed by you at your own risk and we do not warrant the accuracy of the information posted on it in any respect. We are not responsible for and give no endorsement of such material.
RSF and its partners reserve the right to remove any message at our sole discretion for any reason whatsoever. This reservation of right to delete messages does not mean that we assume any responsibility for the information contained on the Forum nor for content in messages exchanged between users through private messaging. No failure to remove particular material constitutes an endorsement or acceptance of it by us.
By registering for the Forum and posting messages, you warrant that:
- You are aged over 18 or if you are aged under 18 you will be using the Forum under the consent and supervision of an adult;
- You acknowledge RSF and its partners are entitled to contact you for administration purposes
You may use the Forum only to post comments, messages and material that are proper and appropriate to it and without limiting the generality of the foregoing you shall not do any of the following:
- post messages or post links to other sites that:
- may be considered likely to provoke, offend, threaten, defame, stalk or harass others;
- contain libelous, abusive, racist, sexist, homophobic, ageist, sexually explicit, obscene or otherwise vulgar or in bad taste material;
- bully another user by deliberate, repeated and hostile behavior intended to undermine, humiliate or belittle;
- advertise or offer to sell products or services for profit or solicit other users for commercial purposes;
- conduct or forward surveys or contests;
- solicit other users for fundraising purposes;
- ask for volunteers for professional research studies without the prior written consent of RSF;
- impersonate any person or entity or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy or intellectual property rights where applicable) of others; or
- break the law or encourage unlawful activity.
- post on the Forum, or send through the private messaging service, spam, junk mail, chain letters, money making or pyramid schemes;
- carry out a Denial of Service Attack;
- start or participate in a Flame War or deliberately post false or controversial messages solely to annoy or offend or gain attention (otherwise known as Trolling);
- use multiple accounts simultaneously or impersonate another person or allow other people to post on the Forum using your account;
- upload files or post anything containing malicious code, viruses, corrupted files or other similar harmful programs or material;
- upload files or post anything that contains software or other material protected by intellectual property laws (or by rights of confidentiality or privacy of publicity, where applicable) unless you own or control the rights thereto or have received all necessary consents;
- post any material which is copied to which you do not own the copyright;
- delete any author attributions, legal notices or proprietary designations or labels in any file that is uploaded;
- falsify the origin or source of any content or other material (including software contained in a file that is uploaded); or
- post messages that could damage the reputation of a living individual or organization.
Apart from new members’ posts (which are sent for moderation until a certain level of community involvement has been established), we moderate after material has been posted and then decide whether it is suitable to remain. The moderators actively monitor the Forum but we cannot be online 24 hours a day and users may post inappropriate material. If you discover any content on the Forum which you consider breaches any of these Forum Terms, or is otherwise unacceptable, you should notify RSF immediately.
You acknowledge that RSF and its partners do not pre-screen content of users, but moderators have the right to delete or edit any post or thread that breaks any of these Forum Terms. RSF will decide whether to warn or ban the user who breached the Forum Terms. Users who break these Forum Terms after receiving a warning may be permanently banned. RSF shall be entitled at any time to delete, remove or suspend the whole or any part of the Forum or any information posted in it without notice and without incurring any liability.
You acknowledge that RSF has the right to delete an account without prior notice or reason and that RSF’s decision to remove or ban an individual from using the Forum is final. RSF is not obliged to enter into any correspondence regarding the moderation of content on the Forum.
You acknowledge, consent and agree that RSF and its partners may access, preserve, and disclose your account information and any content posted by you in order to: (a) comply with any legal process; (b) enforce these Forum Terms; (c) respond to claims that any content posted on the Forum violates the rights of third parties; (d) respond to your requests for customer service; or (e) protect the rights, property, or personal safety of RSF, other users of this website and the public.
To the extent permitted by law, we, and third parties connected to us (including, without limitation, administrators and moderators) hereby expressly exclude any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with our Forum or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of our Forum, and any materials posted on it, including, without limitation any liability for:
- loss of income or revenue;
- loss of business;
- loss of profits or contracts;
- loss of data;
- loss of goodwill or injury to reputation;
- wasted management or office time; and
- for any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable.
The Forum Terms are subject to change at any time, and we will aim to make users aware of any significant changes. You should check the Forum Terms periodically to ensure that you are aware of and complying with the current version. Use of the site following changes shall indicate your acceptance of the new Forum Terms.
If any of these Forum Terms are determined by any competent authority to be invalid, unlawful or unenforceable to any extent, such term, condition or provision will to that extent be severed from the remaining terms, conditions and provisions which will continue to be valid to the fullest extent permitted by the laws of the District of Columbia.
- If you send us an electronic mail message with a question or comment that contains personally identifying information, or fill out a form that e-mails us this information, we will only use the personally-identifiable information to respond to your request and analyze usage trends.
- When you register for the Forum or simply browse through our web site, we may automatically collect and store the following information about your visit:
- any information necessary to authenticate your future visits to the website;
- the IP address and the name of the domain you use to access the Internet;
- the date and time of your visit;
- the pages you visited.
We use this information for statistical purposes and to help us make our site more useful to visitors and repeat users. Unless it is specifically stated otherwise, no additional information will be collected about you.