The ChORUS Facts and Figures provides an easy reference to some of the compelling data surrounding older driver safety. NHTSA conducts several reports each year, including many about older driver safety and their data here is available on the older driver section of the NHTSA website(link is external). Additionally, you may want to review the following for additional data and statistics related to older drivers.
- CrashStats from NHTSA(link is external) (posted in 2020, stats from 2018) This report is produced by NHTSA and features the crash statistics for older drivers.
- The CDC recognizes older driver safety is a priority issue and created a website focused on older driver safety(link is external) and including crash prevention.
- The IIHS (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to reducing losses from motor vehicle crashes. Their older driver website(link is external) includes deaths, injuries, and property damage.
- ChORUS Older Driver Resources. This is a list of resources curated by ChORUS for older driver safety.
- The Older Driver Infographic Created by ChORUS. This infographic was created by ChORUS and highlights Older Driver Safety.
ChORUS resources available in Spanish include:
- ¿Qué esperar cuando se lo/la deriva a un especialista en rehabilitación de conductores? (What to Expect When You Are Referred to a Driving Rehabilitation Specialist?)
- Herramientas para la autoevaluación y la calificación del cuidador (Self-Assessment and Caregivers’ Rating Tools)
- Recursos para conductores mayores de ChORUS (ChORUS Older Driver Resources)