On Monday, December 5 from 3:00 to 4:00 PM EST, the American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA) will hold a Twitter Chat in honor of Older Driver Safety Awareness Week. This awareness week created by AOTA is commemorated annually on the first full week of December to raise awareness of the resources available to keep older adults and their loved ones safe on the road. The hashtag for this year’s chat will be #ODSAWchat. (The hashtag for the week is #ODSAW16.)
· Katie Riley, Manager of Media & Public Relations for AOTA (Tweeting as @AOTAIncPR)
Confirmed Expert Panelists:
· Tweeting from @ElinAOTA is Elin Schold Davis, OTR/L, CDRS, Project Coordinator for @AOTAInc’s Older Driver Initiative
· Tweeting from @KyleKRakow is Kyle Rakow, Vice President and National Director of AARP Driver Safety
· Tweeting from @AAASafety is Rhonda Shah, Manager of Traffic Safety Research & Analysis for AAA.
· Tweeting from @NADTCmobility is Eileen Miller, Senior Program Associate, National Aging and Disability Transportation Center
· Tweeting from @n4aACTION is Virginia Dize, Program Director & Co-Director of the National Aging and Disability Transportation Center, National Association of Area Agencies on Aging (n4a)
· Tweeting from @TheHartfordCMME is Beth Tracton-Bishop, Ph.D., gerontologist with The Hartford Center for Mature Market Excellence
· Tweeting from @FLSafeMobility is Gail M. Holley, Safe Mobility for Life Program & Research Manager for the Florida Department of Transportation.
· Additional contributors from AOTA, NHTSA, the Tennessee Highway Safety Office, the Census Bureau, and many more.